Are you a skilled flute key maker with 3+ years of experience? Join our team of talented instrument makers and use your skills to carry on the Burkart tradition!
Burkart instruments are known around the world for their craftsmanship and design. We’re seeking a full-time flute key maker to continue their career in our workshop which fosters collaboration and achieves the highest quality standards. As a fully employee-owned company, every Burkart employee has the opportunity to be a part of our stock ownership plan. We take pride in our positive workplace culture and we invite you to experience the difference that employee ownership could make for your future!
Proof of COVID vaccination is a requirement for employment.
Flute Key Maker Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of silver and gold machined and cast components with files, abrasive wheels, polishing equipment, reamers, and facing tools.
- Silver soldering of components
- Precision fitting of parts to tolerances of 0.001”
- Heat treatment and cleaning operation
- Use of process management software, including accurately tracking times, monitoring delivery dates, and coordinating with production manager to assure on-time deliveries
- Safe and efficient operation of small lathes, drill press, hand grinders and other typical machine shop equipment
- Minimum 3 years of experience building flute keywork
- Ability to take instruction and critique
- Patience and attention to detail
- Excellent manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to problem solve and meet deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team to achieve company goals
- Good vision for technical work
- High school diploma or equivalent
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
This position is first shift, full time, in our Shirley MA facility. Benefits include health, disability and life insurances, paid sick, vacation and holidays along with participation in employee stock ownership program after initial vesting period.
Burkart is an equal opportunity employer. Candidate must provide proof of US citizenship or proof of your legal right to work in the U.S.