Burkart Flutes and Piccolos is one of the world’s premier musical instrument makers. We work in an innovative, team driven, rewarding environment. At Burkart we champion talent and value collaboration and efficiency. Burkart enjoys a 39 year history of providing the finest flutes and piccolos to musicians around the world. Consider joining us for a rewarding career. We practice strict Covid safety protocols throughout interviews and in the work place upon employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mechanical fine tuning of newly made key work
- Machine buffing of key and body parts
- Fitting of joints and minor soldering
- Springing, padding, regulating and testing of new and repair instruments
- Daily compliance with production software
- Detailing and packaging of completed instruments
- Play testing of instruments
- Interface with customers as needed
- Proficient flute player
- Ability to take instruction and critique
- Patience and attention to detail
- Excellent manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work through obstacles to meet challenging deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team to achieve company goals.
- Good vision for technical work
- Minimum 2 years of flute repair experience
- Will provide supplemental training to a committed individual
- Salary commensurate with experience
Position is full time, on-site, in our Shirley, MA facility. Telework/remote-work cannot be offered for this position. Benefits include health, disability and life insurances, paid sick, vacation and holidays along with 401k matching contribution from employer.
Candidate must provide proof of US citizenship or proof of your legal right to work in the U.S.