Burkart Flutes and Piccolos is one of the world’s premier musical instrument makers. We work in an innovative, team driven, rewarding environment. At Burkart we champion talent and value collaboration and efficiency. Burkart enjoys a 39 year history of providing the finest flutes and piccolos to musicians around the world. Consider joining us for a rewarding career. We practice strict Covid safety protocols throughout interviews and in the work place upon employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Precision grinding, filing, sanding and shaping of silver, gold and platinum parts
- Mastery of drawing equipment and assembly fixtures
- Operation of drill press and manual lathes
- Daily compliance with company production software
- Soldering of parts with small hand torches
- Machine buffing of assembled headjoints
- Use of safe cleaning agents
- Measurement with calipers, drop gages and other standard machine tools
- Performing final hand cut operations to voice the headjoint
- Play testing and collaboration with product manager
- Interface with customers and vendors as required
- Custom fitting of headjoints to instruments
- Minimum of BM degree in flute performance
- Demonstrated hand craft and/or mechanical skills
- Ability to take instruction and critique
- Patience and attention to detail
- Excellent manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work through obstacles to meet challenging deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team to achieve company goals.
- Good vision for technical work
- Flute studies across international platforms preferred
- Willing to train a committed individual
- Ability to articulate and understand the concept of sound
- Salary commensurate with experience
Position is full time, on-site, in our Shirley, MA facility. Telework/remote-work cannot be offered for this position. Benefits include health, disability and life insurances, paid sick, vacation and holidays along with 401k matching contribution from employer.
Candidate must provide proof of US citizenship or proof of your legal right to work in the U.S.