Burkart Flutes and Piccolos is one of the world’s premier musical instrument makers. Burkart enjoys a 39 year history of providing the finest flutes and piccolos to musicians around the world. We are currently seeking a key maker technician to join our team. If you enjoy working with your hands to produce museum quality metal work, consider joining us for a rewarding career. We practice Covid safety protocols throughout interviews and integration upon employment. COVID vaccination is a requirement for employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of silver and gold machined and cast components with files, abrasive wheels, polishing equipment, reamers, and facing tools.
- Silver soldering of components
- Precision fitting of parts to tolerances of 0.001”
- Heat treatment and cleaning operation
- Operation of process management software, including accurately entering data, watching delivery dates and coordinating with production manager to assure on-time deliveries
- Safe and efficient operation of small lathes, drill press, hand grinders and other typical machine shop equipment
- Ability to take instruction and critique
- Patience and attention to detail
- Excellent manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work through obstacles to meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team to achieve company goals
- Good vision for technical work
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of experience silver soldering
- Experience with mechanical repair of woodwind instruments is a plus
- Will provide supplemental training to a committed individual
This position is first shift, full time, in our Shirley MA facility. Benefits include health, disability and life insurances, paid sick, vacation and holidays along with 401k matching contribution from employer. Salary commensurate with experience. Burkart is an equal opportunity employer.
CANDIDATE MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF US CITIZENSHIP OR PROOF OF YOUR LEGAL RIGHT TO WORK IN THE U.S.