Burkart Flutes and Piccolos is one of the worlds premier musical instrument makers. Burkart enjoys a 40 year history of providing the finest flutes and piccolos to musicians around the world. We are currently seeking a small part assembler to join our team. If you enjoy working with your hands to produce quality metalwork, consider joining us for a rewarding career. We practice Covid safety protocols throughout interviews and integration upon employment. COVID vaccination and booster is a requirement for employment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of small machined and cast parts with files, abrasive wheels, polishing equipment, reamers and facing tools.
- Silver soldering of small components
- Precision fitting of parts to tight tolerances
- Safe and efficient operation of drill press, small lathe, and other typical machine shop equipment.
- Accurate measurement with calipers, micrometers, and dial gauges.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to follow instructions and accept feedback
- Patience and attention to detail
- Excellent manual dexterity & mechanical aptitude
- Good vision for technical work
- Silver soldering experience is a plus
- Will provide supplemental training to a committed individual
This position is first shift, full time, in our Shirley MA facility. Benefits include health and dental insurances, disability, and life insurances, paid sick time, paid vacation, and paid holidays along with 401K matching contribution from employer. Starting salary is $18/hour. Burkart-Phelan, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
CANDIDATE MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP OR PROOF OF YOUR LEGAL RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.